End of the school year is almost here: time to wrap up and pack up! Before we say goodbye for the summer, keep in mind:
• The next issue of PIA Newsletter will post mid-June. If you missed Teen Scene and Father’s Only, read the recaps here.
• Our heartfelt thanks to all who attended our Annual Mother’s Day Benefit, featuring Karen Finerman, CNBC “Fast Money” panelist, on “How to get out of your own way and be the parent you are meant to be.” We are grateful for your support!
• We will be busy this summer preparing next year’s programs to keep you informed, involved and connected. Details of our 2014-15 calendar will be posted here soon.
• If you were part of the record-setting crowd of Independent School Fathers who attended our March event for Fathers Only, we hope you enjoyed hearing Merve Lapus, Senior Mgr. of Educational Programs at Common Sense Media, illustrate the impact of tech and media on how our children think, learn and develop, with tips on encouraging strong digital citizenship.
If you missed it, click here to download the presentation from Common Sense Media.
• Our facilitation team will be back next year to help you stay connected through our facilitated Parent Talks. At all ages and stages, attending a meeting to grow your parent network is a great way to stay current. Sign up early!
• Parents in Action thanks CVS for its leadership stand on sale of tobacco. Read more.
• Our Winter Newsletter featured a “Letter from the Presidents” on how PIA supports awareness of mental health issues as a way to curb gun violence.
Click here - Letter from the Presidents, Winter 2014.
• We wish you a summer with time for fun, time for family, and time to enjoy both!